Saturday, April 21, 2012

Night at the Opera: Madame Butterfly

As I write this, I'm still waiting on scans of my sketches from the actual opera itself (of which I have... three drawings), but then I remembered that I ALSO have a bunch of photos from the Cio Cio Sassy fashion event through the Tempo young professionals group. So, I'll share those for now.

Basically, about a week or so before the opera opened, Tempo (the group that lets you get discounted opera tickets and such) threw this great little social mixer event. There were artists, music (including bits from the opera, sung by the cast), a fashion show, sake tasting, and so on. I didn't get to see much beyond my own little corner, though I did get to meet the beautiful and talented Yunah Lee, who was one of the performers in the role of Madame Butterfly.

I was there to draw caricatures. Not just any caricatures, however, anime/manga-style portraits. I had to work fast in the two hours I was allotted, but even so I didn't manage to squeeze everyone in who wanted a drawing. I was very popular! Toward the end of the night, I remembered I had my iPod Touch, so I snapped a few photos of happy people and their manga-style caricature portraits. It was so much fun, I was sorry when my two hours were up!

Check 'em out:













-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!