Friday, February 6, 2009

Fan Art, La La La...

I have recently rediscovered my love for the anime series "The Slayers", and have watched the entire first season with my boyfriend again. We'll be getting the rest of the series soon, as he enjoyed the first season. Anyway, this sent me on a major trip down memory lane, and I hunted up one of my favorite Slayers fan fics, Zelgadis on the Couch by the lovely Queen of Swords. I looked back on the old fan art I'd drawn for her wonderful fic, and decided to do some new stuff to show how much I've progressed. Oddly enough, as soon as I started drawing Slayers and trying to color the resulting doodles, I reverted to my high school self and got all sloppy. XD Oh well. Here are the first two results of my fan arting (f'arting, as I like to call it). I have a couple more in the non-photo blue pencil stages that I'll finish up eventually.

First one is of her original kitsune characters, Sylph and Jaz/Jessica. The second is from a scene where Xellos (obviously) kisses Lina, and Lina is none too pleased.

So, there we have it. It's sad how little I've progressed when it comes to Slayers-style art, really. It's like I just picked up right where I left off ten years ago. XD

-Maria

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! So adorable! I loved writing Sylph. I sucked at math, so made her magic math-based. For someone who's still dreadful with figures, I really do believe everything in the universe (even magic) can be reduced to a formula. Thanks again for re-reading my story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Sylph, too. Her math-based magic was really spiffy, even though I'm terrible at math as well. XD

    Check out the next post! I played with some special effects. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!