Tuesday, February 17, 2009

LARP art


This is my Werewolf Live Action Role-Play (LARP) character, Snow "Dances in the Streets" Takayama. He's a Metis, which is the breed of werewolf you get when two werewolves mate, meaning he's sterile and has a genetic deformity. In Snow's case, he's albino. He also has a tail, but he can shift into human form without it when he concentrates, and he tends to be sexually ambiguous (mostly because I'm a girl, so when I'm playing him people forget the gender of the character and call Snow "she" a lot)-- thus the little Fu Manchu beard. I've drawn him in Glabro form, which is the near-human form, but he gets tufty ears in this form and a bit more wolfy looking, not to mention a little taller and more muscular (he's kind of a shrimp in human form).

I had a little too much fun with my bubble brushes for the background. <_<

Pencil, Photoshop Elements, Wacom tablet.

2 comments:

  1. (I'm explaining why I'm following you)
    Ginger showed me your blog. Specifically the deadlands group drawing. I'm actually dating her little brother, which is how I came to find her...
    Anyway. Is a neat drawing! I can't wait to meet Snow when I start coming to LARP again in a session or two! Via Laura, actually.
    Talk about St. Small...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nice to meet you! I'm glad more people are joining the LARP. March 21st is going to be a Moot Game (big, seasonal ritual with lots of stories told, can vary between super boring and a lot of fun). Snow is currently Beta Den Parent, so if you come in as a cub, you'll get to spend a LOT of time with him and Talking Crazy (Alpha Den Parent, played by Adam, another fabulous friend of mine and Ginger's). I look forward to seeing you there!

    Also, thanks for dropping by my art blog. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!